17 July 2013

A Swing... and a MISS!

Today is my day. I had finally found a way that I could go to a support group that seemed like it might be the right place for me. It was a phone group, but that was okay. Most important, it wasn't the group that Mister wanted me to go to. It wasn't the spouse support group connected to his SAA group. I don't like SAA. It just doesn't feel right to me for a variety of reasons that I won't go into at this moment.

I was mentally gearing up for this meeting tonight. As the hour approached, I felt nervous about the unknown and anxious that it might not be exactly what I hoped it would be. But, I was brave and dialed the number just like I had planned. And then I waited... and waited... and waited. It was 10 minutes past the time the meeting was supposed to start and nothing had happened yet. I felt so disappointed!

It is an ingrained part of my being to never be late. If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late. If you're late, forget about it. Humph.

I double checked my email for the correct meeting time. I had to do a conversion because I live in a different time zone. Then I checked the time conversion I'd done in my head with an actual converter online. Oops. I was two hours early!

Back to square one... I can do this. I will attend my first support meeting. It will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment