15 September 2013

JOY in the Morning

Credit
When I woke up this morning, Son#1 was not sleeping on the couch as he had planned. I was a little disappointed but was not giving up on the thought of him coming to church with us. He told us that he had committed to the Bishop that he would attend church and so I assumed that something had changed in his plan last night that kept him from coming to our house. (He was working late and doesn't have a car of his own so maybe his ride was a roommate that just wanted to go home.)

I asked Son#2 if he would be willing to go over to his brother's house and offer him a ride to church. (I knew that Mister would be less than thrilled to even stop so I avoided making it a battle.) Son#2 agreed and headed out.

Sacrament meeting started and our two eldest gentlemen were not there. I wondered if Son#1 changed his mind and doubted myself for asking Son#2 to pick him up. What if neither of them showed up? Maybe I should have gone ahead and pushed the issue with Mister, speaking the truth of the importance of reaching out to Son#1 and encouraging him to choose the right. Sigh.

We were singing the sacrament hymn when my sweet sons walked into the chapel. My heart soared!

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth" (3 John 1:4).

It was an amazing feeling to be sitting beside all of my gentlemen in sacrament meeting for the first time in months. I love them so much! As I gazed down the line at them, I distinctly felt the impression that their chairs would not be empty in heaven. The happiest of tears came to my eyes as I remembered a part of my patriarchal blessing promising that at the resurrection I would have with me my posterity for whom I had worked diligently. I don't know how that will happen exactly. But I do know that I cannot stop believing in them or in the master plan that I do not have the privilege or ability to see at this time.

Today's tender mercy ... a moment of sheer JOY! ♥

2 comments:

  1. I love those sweet moments of peace and hope that the Lord gives us to help us endure to the end. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sacrament Meetings can be so inspiring....such a sweet hour of peace!!!!!

    ReplyDelete